Monday, December 22, 2014

Stunner of the Night

I promised myself to write something in my blog daily. I find it a good stress reliever. Being able to just speak your mind and read about it later is a good therapy (I think). I was going to write something negative today but I deleted the things I have started to write because I didn't want to read about it later or after a few weeks, months or years when I read back stuff that I wrote in this blog. So I decided to write something that made me really happy this weekend.

It was the company Christmas party and as I wrote in my previous blog I really took the time to arrange everything- my dress, shoes, accessories and make up. GUESS WHAT?! .... I won STUNNER OF THE NIGHT! 


Forgive my awkward pose. I am not used to having a lot of make up on and I'm not sure whether make up looks good on me or not and the fact that I was being photographed with everyone looking at me makes me really wanna melt. Anyway, there you go, all of my hard work paid off. I loved the way my hair was set. I asked the beautician if there was a way we could make it permanent but he said there's none. You'd have to have that gigantic curling Iron. I honestly am not very patient in doing those girlish stuff. I like my hair rebonded so it stays straight and organized after combing it. I know I could really get girlish but I don't have enough patience to do it. Also, I have to say that your fashion sense really improve as you grow older. Reading magazines would also help a lot on learning what to pair with what. It's a nice feeling to win a beauty-contest-like competition. Actually it's the feeling of being recognized that makes you feel really good. It was my first time and the feeling was awesome!


Feeling like a real stunner, I didn't want to go home straight after the party. We all went to Matina Town Square. It's a local party place. It's not really a cozy place but it's laid back and everyone likes to be there. We didn't have a place near the band so we opted to be in a quiet private place. You know how it all starts, it's quiet and awkward at first but people start coming out of their shell, throwing jokes and laughter starts. It was almost 12 midnight before we even know it. A city ordinance wouldn't allow people to order more after 12 midnight so we decided to add 2 more buckets of beer. After we finished it off we headed home. Actually a lot happened but there's too many to actually put it into writing, I don't even know where to start. But it was fun. It's always fun hanging out with co-workers and not talk about work.

I know I should be writing about this in a really enthusiastic manner and I SWEAR that I really had fun that night. But I heard a news today that made me sad. I shouldn't really care about it but when it involves my children's lives (or feelings in the future), it really affects me. Forgive me. Anyway, no biggy, I know I will get over this in no time.


1 comment:

  1. Indeed you are Beautiful That night :-)
    You deserve it girl.

    ReplyDelete