Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Camping Trip

I'm going camping this Saturday.. YAY! Actually, it's more like "Yikes!". You see, I am not an outdoor kind of person. I do not enjoy being bitten by insects, stepping on mud or soil, especially on grass because I think manures are all over them. I do not like the thought that worms could be anywhere. I know I'm paranoid and over acting but it's who I am (please don't hate). I'm not used to being outdoors. I was a mall rat on my younger days. So now I am just too afraid to try it out. I'm not saying I am that old but I think I am already old to try it the first time. I've seen a lot of movies and just the thought of accidents- wild animals, experimented creatures, rebels, psychopaths and a lot of dangerous stuff that could be wandering around the forest- freaks me out!

But since my work-close-friends are already preparing, I have no choice but to of course give in to the plan. Luckily, the location was changed. We were supposed to go to this secluded area somewhere in Callawa, Tigatto which I now know is just right across Talandang Calinan, they said NPA (rebels) are around the area but assured to not harm civilians, that they only deal with the militaries- NOT MY THING AT ALL! I could never risk it. Anyway, that's all history, we're not going there anymore because it's red alert. Thank goodness! Aside from those rebels, I heard the place is really forest-like, that we need to cross a hanging bridge with a motorcycle- NOT ADVENTUROUS ENOUGH (thank you) So knowing that the plan to go there was canceled, I was the happiest. 

I thought it was over... but these guys just won't give up! We're now going to a STILL forest-like near the beach property of Jinkie's uncle, we're still on camping mode. We'll have to sleep inside tents, have bonfire and marshmallow and we'll probably go island hopping, plans could change when we get to the place. It's still going to be an outdoor trip (oh my), but at least it's not going to be a death-defying camping trip (a GREAT relief). 

I will try my best to not become whiny. I will bring all the things that I know will make me feel comfortable. I should wear leggings (insects, yikes!), my plaid polo to pair with my leggings (perfect for the sun's heat and INSECTS), I shall bring socks and slippers. I will also bring my "Bathing Suit" (lol), I call it that because it's what I use when I go swimming. I will also bring EXTRA on everything. I will have my insect repellent lotion, I will bring lose powder, ALCOHOL, tissue papers and a bunch of toiletries that will cure my discomfort. I am anticipating to have some discomforts to prepare myself.  

ALTHOUGH, I am excited to be spending time with my friends- just laughing, no stress and relaxed, I also look forward for the FOOD. We've had a brief discussion of the food they're preparing and it's just YUMMY :)

So I think it ain't so bad at all. It's nice to experience it than never. I look forward to spending time with my long time friends. We'll be like kids on a camping trip (Totally a YAAAYY!). That's enough to motivate myself to be outdoors. At least someday, I will be able to also share that experience to my boys. So no matter how "OA" and paranoid I am with those "Creatures" out there, I will experience and savor the feeling of actually being out there with the insects, the mud, the grass and all the gross things I may encounter. I will probably post pictures in here too so I get to look back with a smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment