Friday, March 13, 2015

Humming Lady


I was trying my best to put mascara since Lj fixed it and asked me to try it out. It was a saturday, a weekend, and our team is the last batch to leave the building. It was really quiet, there were only less than 20 people in the building. When I entered the rest room, I thought of singing out loud to break the silence. I thought it was okay since no one else was in there with me. I knew the cubicle doors in the female comfort rooms were open- there was no one inside. While I was singing Lady Gaga's song Speechless as if I was singing in Araneta Colessium, I heard something moved at the back. Since I was busy putting on the mascara I couldn't see whoever is at my back. When I felt something moved, I stopped singing because I didn't wanna piss off the person I thought was using the bathroom. When it was quiet, I heard someone hum. It didn't feel eerie at first because I wasn't really thinking about supernatural things. It couldn't be my imagination. So I went on with my mascara, trying my best not to mess it up since Lj added water in it. 

While I was listening to the woman humming, I felt cold and I was having goosebumps. I tried to make out what song she was humming but I couldn't. It was some sort of a Gregorian chant. All of a sudden my head felt light, it felt like I'm in a big old church. I remember my college friend who kept insisting that I was an Empath. He said that Empaths are highly sensitive, finely tuned instruments when it comes to emotions. They feel everything, sometimes to an extreme, and are less apt to intellectualize feelings. Intuition is the filter through which they experience the world. My mind is starting to play tricks on me, it's telling me that the reason why I felt like I was in a church is because that's what the entity is feeling. I wanted to run away but I can't let this win. Besides, I'm not yet done with my mascara! I cannot go back to Lj and ask her to put mascara on my other eye since I am too scared to be in the bathroom alone. 

That feeling isn't new to me. I've been experiencing strange things all of my life. As a kid I thought it was normal. But in college, I was told that I was gifted. A gift, is it? I don't think so. I am such a scaredy cat. Ever since I was told about being an Empath I tried to avoid it to shut it down. 

I stayed and listened to the humming lady while I desperately put the mascara as fast as I could. While she was humming louder and louder, I felt the door opened. My hands are already shaking and since I put a coat on the other eye already, I wanted to run but I couldn't turn my back! I don't want to see her- the humming girl. She could be wearing white, all bloodied with a disfigured face. What if I don't turn and I won't see her come near me and she would hold my neck and strangle me? Oh my! What was I to do? It was the longest 3 minutes of my life. I want to scream but I don't want to cause panic. Some people would laugh at me too.


I closed my eyes and tried to feel where she was and who she was. I whispered a short prayer- God please help me. As always God never failed me. I didn't feel her anymore. I opened my eyes with faith that I wouldn't see anything although my mind insists that she would pop up in front of my face. When I finally opened my eyes, I didn't see her (Thank you Lord!!!). With my heart beating the fastest I could barely take a step and finally moved as fast I could to get out of the bathroom. Just when I passed by in front of the cubicle where I knew she was, the door slightly moved as if it was blown by a mild wind. But the building is fully air conditioned, there is no way a wind could have blown it. 

I sat on my station trying to figure out what just happened. I guess we are never really alone no matter where we are, we should just co-exist. Just always pray and have faith. I do not know how best I could end this story. I know other people doesn't believe it because they never experienced it. They are the ones who I think is truly gifted. They do not need to experience those things. I do not want to argue about it. Empath or not, it is true or not, I know what I felt, heard and saw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment