Monday, January 19, 2015

Viva El Papa

I am not a religious person although I believe in a supreme being and I call him Lord God Jesus Christ. He has blessed me more than I can imagine, more than words can say. I can truly attest that I am nothing without him. Without him, I will never survive the "storms" I have been in my life. 

With the recent visit of Pope Francis in the country, millions of my fellow Catholics gathered in grounds, rain or shine, to see the Pope. I kept mum about it at first because like I said I am not religious but I respect other people's opinion. If they like being "fanatic" with the pope then I respect it and I hold nothing against them. I know that the Pope is our church's leader. He was appointed by something divine. All bishops are gathered in a room, they just pray, they will not go out until the name of the new Pope comes out. "Habemus Papam" is what they shout with a white smoke in the chimney to proclaim the new Pope. That is all I know and I respect it with all my heart. With technology, information and education, you get to formulate your own opinion and start questioning things. Although, I am not worthy to question Christs' holiness, I do not really know the truth about religions and their traditions. I respect but I do not know if I should believe it or not. All I believe in is the Lord that held my hand, comforted me in times of sorrow, laughed and smiled with me in times of happiness, he listened and answered my prayers. He never left my side.

Since I got sick last weekend, I have no choice but to stay at home and watch the news marathon about the Pope. My Aunt is super die hard with the Pope. She'd really get upset if she missed anything. So I was just in the living room most of the time with my kids. We watched the Pope and listened to stories about him. I also got the chance to watch his homily and his reminder for people. From time to time, his sayings are also flashed on screen. As I got to know him, I am enlightened about his holiness, the divine "something" (unexplainable) that is with him that makes people somehow melt into his presence. I can say that my faith was even stronger and renewed. He is indeed a messenger. Then I remembered, God uses different instruments to get to people- some odd and some are popular like the Pope. He's truly blessed and even just watching him from the television, I am touched. I was teary eyed most of the time. I felt someone touched my heart and I knew it was the Lord that always held my hand. I know it because I know him so well. 

Thank you Lord for making me such a smart person with a heart so pure. That even with all the information I have on my palm, my heart is still very pure and open to let you in it and that's all that matters. 




No comments:

Post a Comment